The Student News Site of Brophy College Preparatory

Brophy Roundup

Brophy Roundup

Brophy Roundup

Follow Us on Twitter

Broncos ready to rumble with St. Mary’s this Friday, Sept. 11

By Sam Fleury ’10
The Roundup

Brophy Athletic logo head w_textImagine packing into the gym to energize the team, the smell of fresh beef hitting a grill and the prickle down your spine when hundreds of warriors jubilantly rush onto a field after a great victory.

When Brophy plays against St. Mary’s Friday students can experience all of this and more.

The game may only be a few hours but the festivities span the whole day.

It starts with the rally and goes until 11 p.m. when Friday Night Lights end, and could even expand out into the week with freshman and JV games and the back to school dance on Saturday.

If you want to start cheering early go to the freshman and JV games.

The freshman game starts at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Brophy and the JV game starts at 6 p.m. Thursday at St. Mary’s.

When Friday rolls around be ready for some serious celebration. After the last period go to the gym to get pumped at the rally. The rally should last 40 or 50 minutes.

Then at around 5:30 p.m. the tailgate will begin in the parking lot north of the field at Phoenix Collage, at 15th avenue and Thomas road. The grill will be fired up and free food made for all.

The game kicks off at 7 p.m. Make sure to be loud. Bring, bells, keys, drums, clappers, tambourines or any other device to make noise.

After the game, head over to Brophy for Friday Night Lights to hang out with your friends and celebrate even if we win or lose. There should be refreshments and plentiful snacks in the Student Activity Center.

Friday Night Lights provides an outfitted place to hang out with friends. Ping pong tables, couches, the football field and gym are all available for students to use.

As usual, wear red and be loud.