I’ve made a huge mistake

Jack Kyle 24
    Jack Kyle ’24

Roundup fans, congratulations on making it to the back page! Since you’ve made it here, I thought that I would take the time to recommend and announce my favorite TV show of all time- “Arrested Development.”

And it just so happens that my favorite show ever happens to coincide with the subject of the Summit. For those unfamiliar, “Arrested”- as it is familiarly known by fans of the program- is about the extremely wealthy Bluth family who squanders their entire fortune because of the crimes of their patriarch, George Bluth.

From then on, the entire Bluth family is saddled with enormous debt and must find ways (some serious and some over-the top) to satisfy their ravenous spending habits.

If nothing else, “Arrested Development’s” absurdity should provide viewers with a clear example of how not to handle their money. Straight man and protagonist Michael Bluth tries so desperately to get his family on a somewhat normal path, but their obsession over power and status prevents them from reaching any sort of conclusion.Rather, they go through an endless cycle of making elaborate purchases and mistakes, while having to deal with the consequences that follow.

The comedic acting across the entire cast is top-notch. My two favorite performances of the entire show come from Michael Cera and David Cross. Cera gives a great performance as George Michael trying to balance the expectations of his family, and Cross provides the timely humor while navigates some of the show’s most outrageous scenarios.

So, dear reader, take heed of the actions of this extravagant and flashy family. And if you’re ever in need of a little cash, always remember the words of George Bluth- “There’s always money in the banana stand.”