The Student News Site of Brophy College Preparatory

Brophy Roundup

Brophy Roundup

Brophy Roundup

Follow Us on Twitter

After a Long Summer, Anton Excited for Return to Brophy

By Augie Walters ’21

THE ROUNDUP

After a long summer working for his family and away from his friends, George Anton ’21 is excited to return to school and be surrounded by his friends again. 

Anton spent the summer working full time in the warehouse at his father’s T-shirt shop, working specifically as a screen printer, but he also spent time as a quality control member and a screen cleaner. 

“It may not have been the most exciting work, but it felt good inside to help the family business,” said Anton

Anton cannot wait for the return to school next week. Not only is he ready to get back his normal life again and for the pandemic to be over, but Anton has also felt lonely during this time. 

“Both of my parents spend their days at work and my sisters have moved out of the house,” Anton said. 

When he arrives on campus, Anton is already excited to jump back into the clubs, especially his role as the president of the FAME club that he has not been able to participate in much during the pandemic.

As a freshman, Anton came into high school expecting to play lots of school sports, as he played soccer, ran cross country and was a member of the volleyball team during his first year on campus. 

However, his passions shifted as time went on, and when Mr. Kelly approached him and asked him to consider joining his Journalism class, Anton knew it was an offer he could not pass up.

Anton has loved being in journalism ever since the day he joined the class. He was the News editor last year and is excited to be a Managing Editor with fellow classmate Carl Justice ‘21 during the 2020-2021 school year. 

“I love the class and the comradery of the guys as it makes the paper feel like a team working well together,” said Anton.

No matter how his senior year may differ from others in the past, Anton wants to continue to be a man for others and create relationships all throughout campus.